If you have a story idea to post on SeniorsSkiing.com, please consider this:
- We are a short-read magazine. Our stories are 500 words. Okay, maybe 600, but that’s really our limit.
- Please provide pictures as a separate file with your submission. Hi-res JPEG is acceptable. We will edit, crop or photoshop as necessary.
- All photos must be accompanied by permission from the photographer to publish. Also provide the name or owner of the photograph for credit, i.e., Joe Jones or ISHA photograph.
- Please ensure people depicted in photographs sign our Standard Photograph Release . (See below). Please either scan the signed release and email to email@example.com or mail to Box 416, Hamilton, MA, 01936.
- We are happy to give you credit for your posting. Provide a few sentences describing your skiing background , career interests or distinguishing characteristics for a short author bio.
- We welcome volunteer contributions. That means that at this time there is no payment for published posts, a policy subject to change.
- In submitting a post, we ask that you do not submit it simultaneously to any other skiing, boarding,snow-shoeing or senior-related website, blog or magazine.
- We will edit your submission to conform to our style.
How to Submit
1. Remember our audience: active senior snow sport enthusiasts. Some have decades of experience and expertise, well-traveled enthusiasts. Others are less skilled, may have just started again after many years or on the way back from injury or illness.
2. Review our categories and add a senior slant: Features are interesting posts about people, places and things that are unusual, newsworthy or funny. Gear is about equipment that our demographic will find useful, comfortable, warm or helpful. Destinations are resorts, areas, hotels, restaurants thats pin their service for the 50+ consumer or that we find especially friendly. Nostalgia is focused on skiing, boarding, snow-shoeing either long, long ago or in your own past; focus on curiosities, both well-known or lesser-known heroes and their achievements, historic places, little-known ski museums, and the like.
3. Read other posts, get a sense of our style, and see if you can match our tone. We aim to be entertaining, fun, slightly irreverent, always interesting and engaging.
3. Submit your manuscript as a Word document and attach any photo files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also attach a scan of the Standard Photograph Release Form signed by the subjects in a photo. We know that might be a bit of a bother, but it protects everyone.
4. We’ll let you know when your posting will appear.
Standard Release Form
Photo/Image Release Form
I hereby grant SeniorsSkiing.com permission to use my likeness in
a photograph/video/other digital reproduction in its publications, including on SeniorsSkiing.com without payment or any other consideration.
I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of SeniorsSkiing.com and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize SeniorsSkiing.com to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photo/video/other digital reproduction for purposes of publicizing its programs or for any other lawful purpose.
In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge SeniorsSkiing.com from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
I am 18 years of age and am competent to contract in my own name. I have read this release before signing below and I fully understand the contents, meaning, and impact of this release.